Pages

Labels

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Music


Music has a huge impact on me.  When I listen to music, I internalize it.  The very emotions of the composer (or producer) become a part of me.  I'm not always careful with what I listen to.  I enjoy mainstream music, I get caught up in the rhythm and could spend hours developing a choreography-- I used to dance when I was younger. I started with ballet but by the end was doing hip hop.  Dancing is a huge part of me and it's a shame that I haven't pursued it (I'm thinking of taking Salsa seriously now but we'll see).  Going back to music.  The intensity and frequency of certain types of music take a toll on my spirit, I can feel it.  Too much of it and this unexplainable ego rises up, I start feeling like I'm on top of the world, but in an eerie sense.  Nevertheless, music is  powerful and when you can tune into something really uplifting, it does wonders in your life.  Lately I've been listening to Laura Hackett.  It lifts me up.  Here are a couple of her songs...

When I Am Afraid  and also Beautiful Mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment