Pages

Labels

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Style

So... I'm a sucker for fashion.  I must admit I could spend hours looking at InStyle and Vogue magazines.  Sadly (or maybe it's a good thing), my schedule does not really allow for such frivolous day dreaming, but occasionally I'll cut out a couple of "inspirational" pieces and work my magic to find similar items. Growing up in Madrid, on calle Federico Lopez, I lived a block away from one of my best Spanish friends.  Before any special event I would pop over to her house and she would asses the terrible situation before her and dress me to perfection.  She had such eclectic tastes and so we--nevermind, SHE would always sport the latest and most, umm... interesting apparel.  She would make jewelry out of the kind of clay that you bake... I remember wearing her proudly and personally designed "purple snake" (which looked more like a large twisty poop) around my neck for my high school senior picture.  My mom took one look at me and said, "Are you sure you want to wear that?" Needless to say we've both come a long way since then.  I would still fly over to Spain just to look in her closet... if I could!       

So I'm really interested in the newest trend, okay, it's not new, it'd been around --but I'm rediscovering it... large prints! I distinctly remember my mom bringing home shirts with large flowers on them and my mouth would just drop open in disbelief that she could pick out such a tacky piece of ...whatever it was.  But now they're back, yikes!  Funny how when something is a "trend," as much as you hated it before, now you're okay with it.  For those who have always shied away from this, step out of your comfort zone and have some fun! ;) And from the looks of it, you can hardly get it wrong!  You can pretty much combine anything!  Here are some of my favorites from Zara, probably the greatest store around (and it's finally in Chicago--about time!)

A beautiful, flowy, wrap around dress.  Effortlessly chic.  Exudes a feeling of comfort but very sexy :)  Perfect for date night.















Here's another fun one, a bit more edgy (but it all depends on the shoes you wear!) Pair some black leather strappy things--as pictured--for a tougher look, or some low heals for a more refined look.















Great casual shirt with denim details.

















Yes! yes! yes! Call me crazy, but these are amazing.  Bold and confident, just like me (not).  But I love them!

1 comment:

  1. That was me, I used to make colour poops, hahaha. You know, we go ahead in time (fortunatelly(¿lo he escrito bien?)). I love al the clothes you've chosen. One of the most importan thing about have been "eclectic", both of us, is that now you can dress up perfect for anything. And the more we grow up,the more confident we are. No sé si se me entiende!

    Hay qu divertirse frente al espejo!!!

    ReplyDelete